[IRCA] Pre-book review Ham Radio Culture

[IRCA] Pre-book review Ham Radio Culture

Just bought the book:

Ham Radio's Technical Culture (Hardcover) by Kristen Haring
Have given it a quick flip through.
Will do a thorough read and pass along my sentiments.

In my brief, in-book store scan, I found the book to
be amusing, compelling and somewhat poignant.
I think the author, a gal, had a dad who was an
Amateur and she totally pegs the social-psychological
aspects of the hobby in the 60's and 70's -
and how, in some ways, we Amateurs and radio hobbyists
are the grandfathers(mothers) and greatfathers(mothers)
of this 21-century geek generation.

A good read I believe it will be, yes!