Re: [IRCA] KABL/1460 Salinas CA is no more

Re: [IRCA] KABL/1460 Salinas CA is no more

> Yeah Doug, think KION was the call just before they switched to KABL.
Talk about corporate beaucratic decisions--moving one of the most popular
stations in the bay area (at least to listeners
> over 50--and does that say anything?) out of the area to a totally
different culture area down the coast & then after a year or so letting it
die a painful death.  Here's to making a buck (or a
> zillion bucks).
>
> Don K.

Don-
I remember listing to KABL when they were 910(not sure of that, maybe it was
920)
when I was stationed at Treasure Island and going to navy Radar school. As a
class, We had to assemble a radio, and all it would do is pick up KABL. That
was in 1965.

Willis
Old Fort, TN