Re: [IRCA] WKTR 840 on early

--- Bill Harms <wharms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> WKTR noted on at 0500 1/4 with the ESPN overnight show. ID at 0600. I
>
> guess they are either on accidently or they have a new authorization
> to operate at night.  AM Query at FCC has them still as a daytimer.

Hard to tell why they're up early, but I don't believe they have any
night authorization.

Turns out what I'd heard Monday morning wasn't them at all but somehow
an audio feed from Comcast Sportsnet cable of their morning sportstalk
show. The clue was a local phone #. They have a facility about halfway
between here and my office and I can recall hearing their audio
periodically winter mornings when driving by however this is the first
time I ever had them the whole trip - but I also rarely DX 840 in the
car...

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]