[IRCA] HD mp3 recorders for recording DX

[IRCA] HD mp3 recorders for recording DX

Has anyone had any experience using HD mp3 recorders for recording
DX?  It appears to be a good way to go, but I would like to solicit
other's comments before I take the plunge give the potential high
cost of these devices.

Here is an example
http://www.cowonglobal.com/product/product_X5_spec.php

This is not an endorsement of this particular product because I have
no idea of its utility for a DXer. Maybe there are better, but
similar products on the market

One of things I am looking for is compatibility with a computer's OS.
In other words, can you use a computer to directly manipulate the
files on the device using the computer's file manager so you don't
have to use a proprietary software program for the device? I ran into
this issue with an IRiver flash drive device.

Other things like battery usage, capacity, and portability are
important too.  An analog line in is an absolute must as well.

Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland