Re: [IRCA] Computer Model of Bog

Neil,
Thank you, for your valued opinion.  The information is very useful.  At my
house, I only have one direction to run my BOG and that is 118/298 degrees
with the fed end on the western end.  I  take it up daily, otherwise the
wire might disappear as it in the lane behind the house.  It only takes 3-5
minutes to roll up it's 500' length.  My bog is military field wire.  I was
lucky and found a full spool of unused military commo wire, WD-1/TT, twin
conductor loosely twisted, 67 lbs. of wire, 1 mile in length.   It's tough
and each conductor is 7 wires, 3 galvanized steel for strength and spring, 4
tinned copper, .028".  It lies flat on the ground as it was designed to be
there.  I soldered conductors together at both ends. Resistance is under the
military spec of 46 ohms per 1/4 mile. I am pleased with its performance in
the lane.   In the front street, it was almost deaf in comparison.  Compared
with a ewe in the front yard which fires in the same direction, 118 degrees,
 I've noticed that the bog shuts down many of the clear channels up the
coast from here in Savannah, GA.  The ewes fat lobe sucks up the east coast
as the ewe is perpendicular to the seaboard.  The ewe is quieter as the back
end of the bog fires towards the west with the US behind it from sea to
sea. I am about 12 miles from the coast.   One interesting anomaly  is the
observed performance on 555 St.Nevis-Kitts ZIZ and 1620 VI, WDHP.  The
stations are almost in the line of fire, separated by two degrees, with St.
Kitts being barely 100 miles further at more than 1500 + miles from me.  On
the ewe, 1620 is 3 dB louder than 555.  On the Bog, 555 is 3 dB louder than
1620.  Must have something to do with a difference in the angle of  waves
striking both.  Once again, thank for the help, it is appreciated.
73, Gil NN4CW