Re: [IRCA] Steady Tone on 620 kHz

> Paul Walker wrote:
> Just checked here, and no tone noted. However, i was using a cheapy clock
> radio and my signal, as puny as it is as night, bleeds all over the dial
since
> I'm only 200 feet from the tower:)

Save your pennies for a Palstar R30CC.  I have one in my truck and often DX
within a hundred feet of a kilowatt tower.  I made a two stage notch filter
that helps, along with nulling the tower using the copper tube loop.  I also
fnd that by positioning the loop properly, I can null the tower and a
distant station at the same time.

I've even been able to run out a 900' length of wire and phase down the
tower so it isn't a problem.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI