Re: [IRCA] Current antenna projects

Craig Healy wrote:

>>> 1. A small copper tube loop, maybe under a foot in
diameter.  The idea is to see just how small a loop
can be made and still have good nulling
capabilities.<<<

*** Have to admit that the Radio Shack loop, well
under a foot in diameter, is a gem. Have two. Best $30
ever spent. One day I'll get a bigger, more serious
one, the day after I get a more serious receiver.
(Don't want to spend the money on AM at this time).

>>> 2. A BOG project. Instead of running the 900' wire
out in a straight line, it will be run in a zigzag
fashion going back and forth maybe ten feet, and five
feet between "zigs". The idea is to slow the velocity
of propagation and see if a physically horter space
yields a useable directionality. If so, two wires will
be set out and then phased. It would be interesting to
get the 900' BOG effect in a 200' yard. <<<

*** Interesting. I've often wondered about putting out
as much as I do, as if too long. Looking forward to
any results and observations!

>>> 4. Create a specific HD Radio antenna to eliminate
the bad reception. The best plan I have is to use a
two hundred foot antenna in a hundred foot
yard. This would overlap into the neighbor's
properties just as the HD signal overlaps the adjacent
frequencies. I'm hoping that having the antenna hog
space that isn't mine will parallel the
HD signal hogging spectrum that isn't theirs and give
good reception. <<<

*** ROFL.

Saul