[IRCA] car radios

I DXed for a few years with a 1957 (?? Buick??   Ford?? cannot remember) car
radio I bought from Akron NRCer Bill Raczko (sp.?).  It was sweet, very nice
indeed.  In addition to the regular pushbutton tuning it had a "Town &
Country Bar", which was a motorized scanning device.  "Town" had little
sensitivity, "Country" stopped on weaker signals.

If I recall correctly, I only quit using it when the (110 VAC) power supply
gave up.  It was a very nice rig, and delivered excellent sound.  This would
have been when I lived in Ottawa, sometime between 1968 and '72.

ef
Memory Lane