Re: [IRCA] Tone Testers on 1610/1020 and 590 - Direction Finding-other options

Re: [IRCA] Tone Testers on 1610/1020 and 590 - Direction Finding-other options

Tom,
I wouldn't waste money on one just for DFing.  You are better off spending
your money on a Quantum loop for your RX.  Three decades ago, I used a
Bendix RDF for offshore fishing before I bought a Loran and from 100 miles
out, it would get me home (to land) but it wouldn't put the sea bouy on my
bow.  You still need a good compass with one.  Thank goodness for GPS.

Gil NN4CW
Et Cum Spiritu Tuo.