Re: [IRCA] Tone on 1610

Okay, I'm ready to admit that my Montreal theory was half-baked. :-)

The signal was still audible here in the car at 0900, but not at noon.  It's
back with a vengeance now (1630 EST), and stronger than the Montreal and
Toronto stations.  I did a comparison using my loop on WPTX-1690, and the
bearing appears to be almost identical, which is to say slightly west of due
south.  This would support other observations that the transmitter is in the
DC/MD/VA area, and the power is likely in the 10 kW region.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON