Re: [IRCA] KGO/810 posting to a newsgroup

Re: [IRCA] KGO/810 posting to a newsgroup

Scott,

  I wasn't trying to put in a plug for a competitor to your favorite pastime.  My interest was in the possible downtime, and I copied the posting verbatim so everyone could have the same understanding without a translation in-between.  This may be the first time that I willingly listen to KGO since 1992 or so.

  Mike

Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Michael Hawkins wrote:
> This was posted about 35 days ago...I just checked in there today for the first time in many moons. I do not recall who posted it (because my newsreader chucks headers once the message has been read) so I can't give credit. The message follows...
>
> ---quoted message---
>
> Dr. Bill has graciously asked the KGO engineering department to be
> available to answer your technical questions about KGO and radio in
> general. We'll probably have some of the guys down at the transmitter
> so that they can answer questions, talk engineering smack and maybe
> even give a virtual tour of the facility. You can hear the noises and
> look at pictures on the web. Visit
> http://www.dxhound.com/KGO%20visit%202005/jj_test_KGO.html It's almost
> as good as being there but you don't have to pay the Dumbarton bridge
> toll (what a DEAL!).

>From the dept. of shameless self-promotion...there's also a nifty visit
to KGO here:

http://www.fybush.com/sites/2005/site-051014.html

And the KGO towers are featured rather prominently in the 2007 Tower
Site Calendar, too... :-)