Re: [IRCA] Antenna Question?

I have tried different set ups with 4 antennas coming in and the Eastern
beverage almost always interrects with the others, unless I totally
disconnect it from the receiver. The least amount of interreaction is
when I run it into the second input on the R8. I even bought a top of
the line Alpha Delta switch for $75 and I get no interreaction between
any of my other antennas, but when I connect the Eastern beverage up,
the pattern changes slightly on the other antennas, especially the NW
and SW EWEs, so I leave it to the second input on the R8 or disconnect
it when using the others. Easy to do. So with 6 antennas coming in you
may be interreaction. All of my antennas are RG6 fed to homebrew
matching transformers for the best isolation. That does make a big
difference.  I have never tried a relay electric switch set up. In our
wet climate, using power to the antennas has never been good for me.
Even the Vactrols seem to burn out easily. The old pot set at the null
seems to work the best here.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin