Re: [IRCA] HLAZ-1566 QSL

At 05:40 25/11/2006, you wrote:
>  Jeju is on an island south of the Korean
>peninsula; most of their signal goes NNW. Based on the station's
>frequent appearance in West Coast loggings, there must be a bit of
>leakage in this direction.

Congratulations on the verie, Pete...my last one is marked
HLDA....that's a bit elderly.

Their directionality is switchable.  A few years back I received a
fax from their engineering department showing their patterns, I
presumed dependent on their service area.   The  Chinese one is least
favorable to us, the Russian somewhat more so, and the Japanese one
would allow them to sell time in California.   I record the signal
strength here daily, and you can usually "see" the switch to the
Japanese pattern.   In the last couple of weeks, I've been able to
see the switch at 1730UTC from Chinese to Russian.

best wishes,

Nick