Re: [IRCA] Where were you on 22 November 1963?

Re: [IRCA] Where were you on 22 November 1963?

I've enjoyed reading this thread that Willis started...off-topic, but
certainly of high interest to all. My own memory: I was a sophomore at
Waynesburg (PA) College...I was in the student lounge studying, when
suddenly students began to migrate like lemmings toward a B&W TV that was
mounted high on the wall in the opposite corner of the large room...that's a
vivid memory, of about 200 students all rushing toward the TV as word
spread, all swept up in the moment...and there was our local KDKA-TV (2)
newscaster Bill Burns passionately announcing that the President had been
shot, and that they were switching from their usual sap opera broadcast at
that time to the CBS net & Walter Cronkite...and then the rest we all
know...students crying...and I was lying on the couch at home watching the
coverage on our B&W Zenith 23", when I saw Ruby kill Oswald...such
memories...

Fred Schroyer - Freelance Science Writer / Editorial Consultant
955 Sixth Street - Waynesburg, PA 15370 - freditor@xxxxxxxxxx
(40 air mis S of Pittsburgh - 20 air mis N of Morgantown, WV)