[IRCA] Good cx in all directions from IL

[IRCA] Good cx in all directions from IL

Tuned into 580 just prior to 17:30 CST to try for needed KZMX, but I had the
phasing reversed and WIBW was nulled and clear as a bell,,News/Talk 580 WTAG
Depend on Us and into an ad with a Worcester phone # for my first new one. I
tried for other needed eastern lowbanders for a while but no luck so back to
my main goal at this hour which is sunset DX to the west. KDJQ's oldies
noted u/phased WLS at 17:48 and as has been the norm lately KOMO soon showed
up on 1000 w/WMVP phase nulled. Tonite I would have nothing to suspect was
KKIM however. Likely eastern WA's on 700 and 870 showing up to some extent.

Over to 710 to see if I could catch KIRO for the 2nd time, but the talk thru
KCMO with WOR phased was southern accented sports. I'd assumed KEEL but the
sunject matter was Arkansas FB and it went into a break and gave an 800 #
and a number for listener's in central Arkansas and the program was Sports
Wrap. So this was newie #2..KAPZ on late and which beams lots of their 250
watts my way.

Tuning past 700 I noted something under WWL and adjusted the phasing and it
was mostly kids' voices in EE. Best copy was around 18:40 and it clearly
matches the audio feed (today's pgm is online) for the Adventures in Odyssey
Program on KGRV !!. Oregon #5 is now in my log book and this is the first
time I have ever caught something from there that wasn't a full 50 KW.

Even though these antennas aren't set up for TA's, I was able to hear AA
talk on 891 with WLS phased and a couple other TA's have audio on peaks as
well.

73 KAZ Barrington IL