[IRCA] Montana from Rochester: KERR, at least...

[IRCA] Montana from Rochester: KERR, at least...

George Greene was visiting Rochester from Ohio tonight, so he and I
gathered at Jerry Bond's house in Irondequoit NY (north side of
Rochester) for a little Montana party. Jerry had his HQ140 and homebrew
loop, and I had my R8A and McKay Dymek DA5. No sign of any of the
lower-powered signals was heard, and nary a sweep tone or code ID, but
Jerry heard KERR with a voice ID at about 0215 EST on the Hammarlund,
while I had it with a voice ID at about 0237 on the Drake. Also new to
my logbook tonight was CKPR on 580, with a nice sung ID at about 0244.
CKPR was dominant, if barely so, on 580. 680 was a mix of CFTR and WINR.
930 was mostly semi-local WBEN, with presumed WIZR Johnstown NY on what
sounded like its day rig. 1290 was all CJBK, and 1310 was mostly
semi-local WRSB.

A fun time was had by all - and huge thanks to everyone involved in
setting this test up!

Scott Fybush
Rochester NY