Re: [IRCA] Storm update

So now you need to buy a vise, a very large spool of wire and a very sturdy kite.  Roughly 3 feet from one end of the wire, clamp it down with the vise, and insert the end into your antenna jack.  Hook the other end up to the kite.  With any luck at all, you can have a 9000-foot longwire.  However, you will have to settle for whichever direction the wind blows.

  Mike

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Greetings,

I called the Weather Service and the storm coming in Sunday Night has
been downgraded to 70 MPH gusts. At least at this time. It is still out
here West of Hawaii and the jet stream has not gotten a hold of it as
yet. They will know more about the punch it will have tomorrow, but it
does not look as bad as first thought. But we will see.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager