[IRCA] QSL COMMENT

Perhaps a wee-bit out datted, however..

that station that decided to only send verifications via "e-mail only" has
actually decided, in my opinion, to say they do NOT wish to bother to QSL at
all.  One MUST remember what the HAM QSL is all about, as well as the
HISTORIC QSL of the early days.  Perhaps the times have changed... however
the QSL has not... just the stations who issue them/or do not.

I would like to ask these two additional (2) questions:

1. Concerning the CE's comment "is there something I could just sign"... I
also strongly believe that the coordinators should do exactly that - verify
the reports, and give the QSLs, filled out, to the CE to sign !  Now that's
'LEGAL." (More Legal-er?)  I know that may burst some bubbles, but the CE
"is" the CE, and his signature should be above the test-coordinator's (sort
of like a "legal" letter.... a signature on a letter written and typed by a
lawyer's legal secretary.)

2. QSL Lists... if there are any - I haven't yet seen one.  Many on these
posts mention receiving QSLs... but what about a list.  If a station does
not QSL, or in the case about via e-mail only, then this should be post
somwehere.  Besides there are CEs out there who do QSL, and I commend them
each for their efforts.  But if a station only replies by e-mail... then
they just do not understand the concept of "QSL."  Yes - they do NOT have to
answer the request for one.  It is a courtesy and should be treated as such.
  The NRC use to have an insert explaining the QSL some years ago, that you
could attach to your report.  I personally didn't like the layout of it, and
if it didn't work, then I could understand why.  This is what happens when a
DXer writes a technical page to be read by a college(maybe) intern studying
Communications, works for free, and is given the asisgnment of answering the
mail.  Many letters fill my box that say "thanks for your letter" and
"enclosed is a magnet for your interest."  Arrrggggg.