Re: [IRCA] Dare I Say Mid-Winter Anomaly??

--- Bruce Portzer <bportzer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mid-winter anomaly? It depends on where you are.  Chuck and I were at
>
> Grayland this weekend.  It wasn't the exactly best I've ever seen
> there,
> but it wasn't the worst either.

*** That somewhat parallels the experience we had this weekend for the
LBI DXpedition. Friday night was mostly Mediterranean TA's with a few
spotty others, especially as the night wore on.

Saturday proved very unstable with TA's coming and going, auroral-like
conditions coming and going, plus a brief duct to the Middle East.

TA's weren't either as numerous nor as strong as the past two years,
but this was also still very much better than the first two years which
featured one TA each.

A report will be forthcoming at some point after everyone sgets their
logs together and we combine them.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]