Re: [IRCA] Interesting Conditions, and a Nice Catch

Re: [IRCA] Interesting Conditions, and a Nice Catch

Last night's SSS session was nothing like the previous day's which will go
down in history here. Nothing much north of Colorado was even decent, but
Colorado southward was good and Denver area stuff was blasting in. Most
disappointingly, strong Fox Sports on 1300 turned out to be pest KGLO rather
than needed KKML. Why is it that Denver stuff here is so much better than
Col Springs ?

Rather than having Oregonians in prior to 2000 EST, I had no trace of them.
1080 had a cheating KOAK (Stanton HSFB pregame) o/KRLD with WNWI phased.
Perhaps bits of talk on 1190 were KEX when I phased WOWO, but too weak and
unsteady to copy much.
No trace of KOMO either. 890 had only weak oldies(KDJQ) mixed in after KQLX
ND s/off 1 full hr late at 1942 EST. Last year the same thing happened where
for the last few days of Oct, they didn't switch their s/off clock back an
hour. They get out very well for 1KW and were totally crushing phased WLS.
In spite of cx I had some NOS song up for a time w/WHAS phased around 2013
EST. Amazing how well KMPH gets out for 5 KW.

I do wonder what Bill Harms had on 1180 w/C&W since the time is right for
KYET which I need as well and have never had a trace of.

A check with the 2010 inside at 2230 had CKWX in well so as is often the
slightly AU effects died off a couple hours after sunset.

Only thing new was XEETCH on 700 with call ID at 1947 EST.

Re KKOB, as one might expect, they are a sunset pest here, and on the
fabulous 10/30 I had them decently on night pattern as well ! Either them or
their ND synchro in Santa Fe, or both. Anyhow I count it as one station.

73 KAZ wanting a few more days of Oct s/off/switch times.  Barrington IL
Phased BOG system to west