[IRCA] Half Bad: TPs Nov 1

Well, I slept in until first light and, for once, I'm glad!  Started
at 1430. The first sweep up the band found quite a bit of good audio
below 900, with things rapidly declining as one moved up. 1566 and
1575 were just weak hets. Multiple runs eventually teased bits of
audio all over the dial, but it was really quite disappointing above
900, except for a probable DZEC on 1062, briefly.  Below, 774
Japan  had some enormous peaks, 738 was in well, again briefly in
what I'm pretty sure was Taiwanese/Chinese. It was not standard CC,
nor KK, nor JJ. Unfortunately, 1143 (which popped up in audio briefly
later) was not in at the time. 702 continues to tease and 837 was in
some language related to CC.... or was CC with a thick accent, but it
was NOT CNR1 (wasn't // 5030.)  There is a 20 kw in Harbin,
Manchuria.  In any case, I turned on the recorder and the signal
immediately began a fade from which it did not recover. Still,
something to watch for in the days to come.

Well, sort of poor, but much better than I'll be hearing in Oklahoma
in three weeks!

John B.