Re: [IRCA] Great LowBand Morning

John,

I posted earlier today that I had bunches of Chinese again 10/25. You
mention the echo of the CNR channels. The one that drives me buggy is
918 khz. There must be a dozen transmitters going at the same time. I
hear it well, I have to wait until  after 1630 or so because some of the
transmitter signals have faded out. This Fall has been one for Chinese.
I have heard more Chinese this time around than I have heard in years.
There are always some Chinese like 1206, 1323, etc, but not all over the
dial. Not as many Filipinos this season as I would have liked, but at
least I have nabbed a couple new ones. DXGM 1125 seems to have come out
of nowhere as I have never logged that one before this Fall. Davao City
seems to be doing well this year. Malay stations have been rather absent
too. 909 is heard almost every Fall. I have not noted it this year, but
I may have missed it too.
Vietnam 675 &549 were never common until the past couple of years too. I
logged 675 back in the 90s the first time. A JJ DXer IDed the station
for me. I did not hear it again until around 2003 or so. Now this year
549, VoV2 has been heard several times. Now if I can get some QSLs out
of these stations. I will be back at the dials in the morning...

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager