Re: [IRCA] KSL-1160 Blasting into Tennessee

Re: [IRCA] KSL-1160 Blasting into Tennessee

> Hi Willis,
> Congratulations on getting KSL! You didn't say if it was new for you, but
> I'd say it's a better catch for you than for folks in Maryland.
> (KSL unfortunately is too strong here; hard to hear anything under it.)
> Steve AA7U

No this isn't the first time I have ever heard KSL. They were regulars when
I lived in Texas. I have a QSL with their studios on it and it is dated in
1960. In 1970 I would call their Night Owl program and talk with the host,
Herb ???. Can't remember his last name.

Also heard KSL when I was stationed in Charleston, SC in 1967. BUT in the 15
years I have lived here in Tennessee, I have only heard KSL one other time.
Back in 1994.

However, as it appears now I can't seem to get rid of them. They are in
again tonight over WYLL in Chicago. Now what I want is Alaska on any
frequency.

BTW- I have heard all states, but not from here in TN. When I lived in Texas
it seemed to be easier, or was it that there were less stations on the air
before 1960?

Thanks
73's

Willis