Re: [IRCA] QSLing

Jim,
These are good points and particularly, the second sentence is how I try to
approach things.  I probably send 2-3 reports a year depending on the
circumstances of the catch and typically, if the catch has raised my blood
pressure (excitement) then I seem to exibit that in my report. I think it's
important to express that I feel my reception was exceptional and I'm really
happy to have heard their station.  Usually I am if I'm going through the
effort to write a report.  Of the last 20 reports I've sent over the last
several years, I've received a verification for all of them- with the
exception of some scheduled tests - which probably sounds odd.  I used to
add a P.S. requesting a sticker or something, but I don't do that anymore.
I suppose I wouldn't know, but that request may stall or hinder the
verification entirely.  Oddly enough, I've sent out a few reports to some of
the old clear channel stations that I used to easily hear but can't now. I
should have done that years ago and wish I would have but, oh well...they're
more "valuable" catches to me now.
73- Doug