Re: [IRCA] GREENVILLE RI-1140

> What do you know about this application? 1140, 27kw-D, 1.2kw-N, U-4
> (DA-2). With WBBR on 1130 and Boston on 1150, I would be interested
> on just where the signal will be going. Any idea?

I have asked about this.  The 27kw is new to me.  I'm aware of a couple of
kilowatt or less level apps.  I do have a contact that would know, and I'll
drop him a note.

No doubt it's a teardrop pattern aimed right over Providence.  See the
WALE-990 pattern as a guide.

They also need to take 1120, 1110 and 1170 into some account, though they
are probably less of an issue.  Biggest worries are 1150 and 1130 down in
southern RI over salt water.  And, of course WRVA-1140.  The Blackstone
River Corridor TIS stations on 1140 were dead carrier for a while, and are
now thankfully silent.  What a waste of time and money to put those on.

If the 990 experience is any indicator, the signal will probably make it to
the end of the ground system and peter out.  Horrid ground conductivity up
there.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI