Re: [IRCA] WLQV-1500 Michigan Blasting Into Alabama

Re: [IRCA] WLQV-1500 Michigan Blasting Into Alabama

The overall slop here in Southern California is pretty bad, but I can
null out the XERCN slop with a decent loop antenna.  Generally
speaking, San Diego-Tijuana stations have gotten a lot sloppier since
you left.  KOGO (aside from daytime IBOC) and XEMO are the main
exceptions to the rule.  Slop has increased from most of the other
stations: KFMB-760, KSDO-1130, KCBQ-1170, XEAZ-1270, KLSD-1360,
XERCN-1470, XEPE-1700 and even perennial weakling XESPN-800.

XEPE-1700 takes the prize.  Their day signal slops all the way down to
1640, and as of the last few days, my car radio is now picking up a
huge image on 1560 (1630+1630-1700).  They must be running at least
25kW, maybe more.  They are much louder than XEUT and the two stations
are located very close to each other.

CalTrans' 1620 HAR on CA-905 must be running more than 10w, as they
hold their own against XEUT's 10kW day rig over southern San Diego
County.

TV DX is non-existent for me now.  It dropped off almost completely
when I moved inland 10 years ago.  Then it basically went away forever
with a sloppy new Tijuana station on ch3 and increased slop from
XETV-6 (who claim to have their transmitter with channels 15/39/51/69
on Mt. San Miguel, very close to my house and very much on the US side
of the border?!).

73, Tim (working 6-7 days per week and missing the good old days of
the San Diego beverage sites)