Re: [IRCA] Importance of IF skirts + B FOXWORTH

Re: [IRCA] Importance of IF skirts + B FOXWORTH

John and Bob, and others who enjoy DX'er history:

Pete Hansen and Ken Maylath were the two most active of the "Croton Kids" who actually published the NRC bulletin for a while, giving Hal Wagner of Erie, Pa., a break. Hal resumed publication, but announced his resignation at the Omaha convention in 1959, when Len Kruse and Bob Gorsuch convinced Ray Edge to publish the bulletin again. (How that planted the seeds for the formation of IRCA, I'll not go into, but the 1959-63 period reminded me a bit of 2004-2006.) Harrumph!

At any rate, I Google searched Ken Maylath and came up with:

>From http://www.dcrtv.org/mediaw2r.html<http://www.dcrtv.org/mediaw2r.html>, the dcrtv news archive:

September 8, 2005
Ken Maylath Retires
Brenda Carl has been brought onboard at Baltimore talker WCBM (680 AM) to replace longtime newscaster Ken Maylath, who is retiring after 46 years in the radio business. A lifelong lover of trains, Maylath will be spending much of his time as a volunteer at the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore.

See also: http://www.6611111.com/audio.html<http://www.6611111.com/audio.html>
http://www.nrhsbalto.org/news/2001%20March%20Interchange.pdf<http://www.nrhsbalto.org/news/2001%20March%20Interchange.pdf>. see Page 2
http://www.nrhsbalto.org/news/2001%20March%20Interchange.pdf<http://www.nrhsbalto.org/news/2001%20March%20Interchange.pdf> has a list of Baltimore DJs, among them Ken Maylath, who, apparently like the late, great Johnny Callan of KIXZ turned from music to news ... Callan got his arm back and remains among the living in Murk, Sexat.
http://host18.hrwebservices.net/~myjackp/jun0104.html<http://host18.hrwebservices.net/~myjackp/jun0104.html>

I'm drawing a temporary glitch on the names of some of the Long Island DX'ers from that period ... There was a fellow named Massamino ... and a couple of others who attended some of Ernie Cooper's Thanksgiving weekend gatherings in Brooklyn, that later were picked up for so many years by Ray Arruda ... Oops ... Massamino doesn't work ... wires crossed with Rollie, the basketball coach!

Russ Edmunds ought to be able to click on some of the Long Island DX'er's names.

Qal R. Mann, aka Johnny Qalan ... (My middle name is Alan but don't call me Al Qalan, please.)