Re: [IRCA] more on 774

Nick,

I've noticed the same thing once before (a couple of days ago) on 774
and several times recently on 747.  In both cases, though, the second
"carrier" seemed to undulate in strength pretty-much in sync with the
NHK carrier.... unlike most of the others... 855, 657, 1026, 702,
etc.... with those, the two carriers move at clearly different
rhythms.  I'm about half wondering id the 774 and 747 things aren't
transmitter spurs of some sort?????????? The Japanese are so astute
technically, but.......  'Course, I caught KMED, 1440 running about
50 or 60 Hertz high (and it was clearly them, not a TP beneath them)
about ten days ago.  I was going to call them.... just to let them
know nicely, but the next morning, they were back bang on.  By the
way, I've become a fan of that station in the early AMs. They are
dominant on 1440 here.... and they sound like an old-fashioned local
station.  Naturally, I was checking for TPs on 1440 originally.

Well, lets keep an eye on 774 and 747 both.

John B.