[IRCA] Palstar at work

Hello,

Finally got around to taking the Palstar R-30 cc to work today.  Set out probably 1,200' of 28 gauge speaker wire in a NE direction.  Used the EWE balun and grounded the coax.  The soil is sand for the first two feet, then clay.  The field is located near terminal 5 in Portland, OR. About a mile from the Columbia river.  0446 UTC on 1215 kHz a man in English was heard with background guitar music playing.  Signal was weak and only heard for about 30 seconds.  Tuned to 1206 kHz and heard faint audio. Nothing on 1134-1323 & 1575   Long-wave was loaded with MW stations overloading the receiver.  Forgot to take the compass along, but was able to aim the bog toward Mt. St. Helens.  Also forgot the headphones, luckily the R-30 is small so I just held the radio next to my ear.  Will try again next week.

Dennis Vroom
Vancouver, WA