[IRCA] Imrproved TP tactics

Hello

TP conditions seem much better this year than last.  My approach to Dxing TPs has changed.  Nick's advice on Dawn Enhancement has really improved my receptions.  Now Dxing until 1430 UTC, I was really surprised at the stations that pop in around this time.  Some just briefly, but before I was not hearing them.  Scanning from 531-1701 and writing down the carriers and audio on paper has been a big help also.  Once the first scan is done, I check the list and go after the carriers that almost have audio.  Also the other weaker carriers have increased strength and might now have audio.  John's parallel listings have really help ID many stations that I have not previously heard.  Steve's advice on how to use the CW to copy the carriers has been a big help too. Pat's listings of his Dx gives me some targets to try for.

Some improvement might be having the KAZ antenna underneath the EWE.  The KAZ is aimed SE and the center peaks out a ten feet. The EWE is 20' high and is directly over the KAZ.  The bottom ground wire of the KAZ being 3' up from the ground might be giving the EWE better grounding effect?  I know they sure are good combination phasing local stations.  KXL and KPAM can be phased good enough to hear other stations quite well.  Having Chuck and Bill and others ID TPs on wave files is a big help too.

Nice to read that the TAs are back.  Maybe I will take the R-30cc to work and run out a BOG to the NE.  My lunch is from 0430-0500 UTC.  Good luck Dxing.

Dennis
Vancouver, WA