Re: [IRCA] EXCELLENT TP Morning: 1300-1430 UTC. Oct. 7

At 07:46 AM 10/7/2006, John Bryant wrote:

>I don't think that it can get much better than this.... ultimately,
>audio of some form on 55 channels!

Fellas, I have found DX heaven at my cottage on the Queen Charlotte Islands.  DX WAS fantastic, especially Saturday morning October 7 as you point out.  There was really no point in using our TP charts, as there was audio on just about every channel, including when they coincided with North American 10 kHz spacing.  How's this for dx....things did not die out by 7:30 or 8:00 am local, but kept right on going.  Lots of great dx well after 9 including 1242 Voice of Vietnam in English.  This morning, just for fun, I listened at 10:30 AM local to hear HLAZ 1566 going into Russian with a great S9 signal.  I can only imagine how much longer the signal lasted!  I have oodles of audio to share as I get the chance.  For a change, I felt like Patrick Martin hearing 2, 3 or 4 audios simultaneously on a frequency.  Talking about a pile-up!  Fortunately I had use of my permanent N/S Beverage (Europeans were present on Friday and Sunday nights in abundance), and a West facing BOG.  Just for fun, I erected pa0rdt mini-whip antenna.  Surprising how good reception could be with this little guy, but it sure does suck up noise, too.  Thankfully, there's very little of the that.  I love tuning across the MW band during the day and hearing .....silence!  Not much noise for sure.  Even heard a Filipino or two, Taiwan, Vietnam, with China and Korea of course dominating.  This morning there was a surprising opening at dawn to Australia on the X-Band.  Nothing very strong but definitely there.  1575 continued on for many hours after sunrise, as did 1566.  AFN Japan often was cochannel with VOA Thailand.  Fun!  There's a lot to do to prepare a decent report, so please be patient.  I'm very interested in seeing what the reports were from elsewhere this weekend.  For John Bryant, 810 Russia provided very nice copy for some time around and after sunrise!  Heck, even if you sleep in, there's still hours of dx after sunrise!  More to follow..........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC