Re: [IRCA] "New Antenna Works Out Well" becomes "R-F grounds"

On Sunday 08 October 2006 17:43, Charles A Taylor wrote:
> I think what you need is capacitive coupling to earth, and if the
> rock, like cement contains moisture, it will be a good
> conductor.
>
> If it is not conductive, then maybe a 1 meter² counterpoise of
> "chicken wire" (how do you wire a chicken?) , buried or unburied, will
> do the job.
>
> Anyone else care to add to/subtract from this line of reasoning?

I have plenty of chicken wire, but I use it to keep varmints out of the
veggies. :-)  I think it would have to cover a pretty large area to make
an effective counterpoise, and that's just not practical in my yard.
Ground independence is the way to go!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON