Re: [IRCA] lead acid cells

--- "Charles A Taylor, WD4INP" <WD9INP@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kevin, Steve
>
> Thanks to both of you for more insight into
> lead-acid cells. As far as
> they're concerned, I think of them
> as "car batteries," and since I don't do car stuff,
> I don't think of them.

If I were to use lead acid batteries in cyclical work,
I'd use at least a deep cycle marine battery. Better
yet a battery made for solar service. Now that tends
to get expensive.

> NiCads, on the other hand, are something I work
>with often.

> Chaz

Nickel Metal Hydride batteries are the way to go in
that type rechargeable battery technology. There is
much higher capacity. There are 12,000 ma, yeah,
that's 12 AMP D cells available. Alkalines D's are
around 18 amps, but I don't know how much is useable.
The 12 amp D cells batteries are <koff!> $25 each!

The Lithium rechargeables I'm still afraid of....as in
catching fire AKA Sony's batteries for laptops.

Powell

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!