Re: [IRCA] KKOW-860

Bruce Winkelman wrote: "Congratulations to all you folks in the East
that logged KKOW!  They're a real pest here, difficult to null
effectively with the Quantum Phaser. One man's pest is
another's DX......"

Oh, yeah.  Bruce is in Tulsa, and I'm in Springfield MO, even closer to
KKOW than he is.  At about 90 mi. distance with 10kW days, they've
always been pretty much a local here, and at night 860 here is always a
mix of KKOW, CJBC and a weaker mix of WDMG (GA), WSON (KY), KONO (TX)
and a bunch of others.  I've always envied the folks that have logged
Brazil, Dominican Republic etc. on this frequency--but they're pretty
much east-coasters, so it stands to reason.

Randy Stewart
Springfield MO