Re: [IRCA] WOKY/WISN DX Test QSL Update (PLEASE READ)

Re: [IRCA] WOKY/WISN DX Test QSL Update (PLEASE READ)

Paul,

I know a lot of engineers that do read our postings. Some are printed
elsewhere on the internet and they DO read them. I know several that do.
Really negative comments can just hurt us all, be it a QSL, station
tour, promo goodies, you name it. The WQMA QSL is my best from
Mississippi. 250w at this distance is rare. Thank you for QSLing my
report. I value all my QSLs. By the way, QSL's are not useless. They are
a piece of station history. In the 40+ years I have QSL'd reports, I
have an unbelieveable amount of station history. How about one back in
the 60s from KGW 620 Portland, owned by the Pioneer Broadcasting
Company, or an Ekko stamp from KFI LA.?  I also have many historical old
QSLs from stations that sent them. One comes to mind from WHBC. Another
was JOCK 729 with a QSL showing their longwire antenna between two
towers from the 30s.  JORF 1422 sent me a complete collection of their
QSLs from the beginning to now.   That alone is worth a lot. As far as
value goes, QSLs are always being sold on ebay from some collection.
Some have gone for $200. Someone thinks they are worth something. Plus
each one tells a story. I remember very well the wonderful stories that
Ernie Cooper told me and wrote about in how he got some of his QSLs. I
think he had about 4500 when he passed away.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager