Re: [IRCA] [am] Wire..

>  Wire spools are hamfest regulars. 1000' or greater spools not uncommon.
Bit
> dated, but Raytheon, Dighton area once surplussed out wire among other
> goodies.

Wire's cheap.  In retrospect, I probably just should have bellied up to the
Home Depot bar and bought three rolls of wire.  1,500 feet would give me
1000 and 500 foot segments to run out and phase.

> When in Pt. Judith, after turistas returned to the Chepachet Metroplex,
ran
> thousand feet along shoreline southward from home. Pulled low freq beacons
outa
> seaweed.

When I get a chance, I need to trot out the topographic map of the area near
550.  I think that site could support as much as 2,000 feet in a straight
line aimed roughly south.  Imagine the Caribbean and deeper SA stuff that
might get.  And, I can do that whenever I want.  I have unrestricted access
and it
s 10 minutes from home.

I finished the notch filter last night.  A quick test on the R8B showed that
it knocked 550 down in excess of 30db.  I'm psyched!  Time to get out the
boots and machete and hack a straight line path..

Anyone nearby up for a Saturday gig?

Craig Healy
Providence, RI