Re: [IRCA] Jamestown Bridge?

>       they took that bridge down? When? Used to use it all the time back
in the
> early 80's when I lived in Fall River right next door to WALE's studios.
(The
> apartment looked right down on the ridgeline of the house they were in,
not
> more than 30 feet away...)

They built a new bridge some years ago.  They batted around different
schemes for what to do with the old one but in the end, scrap iron won out.
Makes a simple thing like dropping a tower trivial.  This was not a small
bridge.  Navy ships easily fit under it.

Local TV carried it live, but I was at work that day.  The news clips were
fun to watch..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI