[IRCA] Some Lunchtime DX

Over the last few days, I took my Kaito KA1130 and Select-A-Tenna to a local park in Camden, Delaware (near where I work) for a little lunchtime daytime DX.  I have picked up a few new stations, as the Select-A-Tenna does help bring in the stations that otherwise wouldn't show up when you aren't using an external antenna.  Plus, it gave me a chance to pick up some of those local daytimers that I am missing from my log.

Sept 19, 1700Z- WWTR, Bridgewater NJ, 1170, listed at a whopping 243 watts at 181 km.  Middle-Eastern music and talk in an UNID language, legal ID at 1700.  Weak and normally inaudible but the Select-A-Tenna brought them out.

Sept 19, 1715  WIOO Carlisle PA, 1000, classic country.  IDing as "WIOO, WEEO".  WEEO is on 1460 in Shippensburg PA and they seem to be running WIOO programming, but I have yet to hear WEEO.

Sept 20, 1800  WKIK, La Plata MD, 1560.  WQEW New York and the Evil R. Disney nowhere to be found for a change  ID as "Country 102.9 WKIK".  I remember the old WKIK "KIXX Country" calls that used to be on 730 AM out of Alexandria VA back when I lived in the DC area in the early 1980s.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE