[IRCA] WRLL 1450 Cicero IL

Two days ago, the calls and Urban talk format of WVON 1450 Cicero IL moved
to 1690 Berwyn IL, which up until that time went under the calls WRLL. The  FCC
database now confirms that the calls WRLL have moved to 1450, replacing  WVON.

WRLL 1450 Cicero is a share-timer station, owned by Midway  Broadcasting
Company and operating daily from 10 PM to 1 PM CDT. During he  remaining nine
hours, the frequency is occupied by WCEV Cicero, owned by  Migala Communications
and with a format of brokered ethnic  programming.

The move of WVON raises one question: what is the future of the 1450
station? In today's (9/20) Chicago Sun Times, media correspondent Robert  Feder
briefly touches on this situation. At this point, Midway  Broadcasting has not
revealed what its plans are for WRLL, says Feder.  Speculation has it that the
station is looking for a lease arrangement for the  station. (My own e-mail to
the station, asking what their plans are, has to this  point gone unanswered.)

Is there anyone on this list who is within the listening range of WRLL and
can tell me what the station is currently doing? Is it simulcasting WVON 1690,
doing some original programming, stunting, using filler programming? Is it
even on the air? I am only interested in the 10 PM to 1 PM timeframe. I would
appreciate any info that you can provide, and I thank you in advance.
73     Bill Dvorak     Madison  WI     Column editor   NRC DX News
DDXD-West