Re: [IRCA] IRCA Digest, Vol 29, Issue 123

Re: [IRCA] IRCA Digest, Vol 29, Issue 123

Martin and all,

I am pretty easy going on most things, but don't "Rain On My Parade"
with QSLing. I have spent well over 40 years QSLing and busting my neck
to get those QSLs. It is a "VERY" important part of the hobby for me.
Sure, we would all like to get that full detailed QSL card or letter
signed by the CE. However, in this day, things have changed. I know a
lot of CEs and some are still good QSLers. Some do not have the time or
have little interest in QSLing any longer. Some were not all that
interested ever, however in the past they would try to answer that
request for the QSL to be nice and polite as they realize some DXers
live for the QSL. But some have told me that they rarely respond any
longer because of poor reports, rude letters, and phone calls and also
reading e mails such like the one from Willis. Remember folks, the
stations do not have to reply. They do it to be nice, so PLEASE
be nice to them.  As Martin said, Ray is a great help to us all and a
club member. He has told me some of the garbage he has had to put up
with in QSLing. Fortunately, I have not seen much of that QSLing KJAY
and KAVT.
   Also as co-moderator of the list, I will not put up with rude
comments about radio stations. Badmouthing the hand that feeds us is NOT
a good idea!

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.