[IRCA] Zenith Radios

I have an early 1950s Transoceanic my wife bought me for Christmas a few
years ago.  It needs some work, but it does work.  I should probably replace
the tubes and recap it at some point.

I was lucky enough to pick up a Grundig 7039 at a flea market in
Lambertville, NJ a few weeks ago.  It works OK on AM but very well on SW.
Probably would be better on AM with a decent antenna hooked to it.  The guy
plugged it in and it worked well; he asked $40 and I didn't argue or try to
get him down, simply gave him a couple twenties.

I haven't tried DXing with either the TO or Grundig yet, because I'm still
trying to find room for them!

I started DXing as a kid with my best friend on a solid-state circa 1970
model TO.  I don't know how to describe the model, but I saw it in an
antique record store near Penn Station (30th St. btwn 7th and 8th) just this
weekend, going for $175.  Tempting if I had the money...

Dave
Highland Park, NJ