Re: [IRCA] KAVT Stuttering?

>>>It is the local production guys there. They are into more special
>>>effects I was told.
>>
>>For what it's worth, Radio Disney usually is received on a
>>Starguide III satellite receiver. When signal drops out due
>>to fading or interference, often it makes kind of a
>>"brrrrppp" sound.
>
>That's not the effect here.  It is cutting out (aka loss of signal) for
short spurts.

I should have continued...  "Followed by silence until the signal returns".
A second or two of dead air could either be a satellite issue, or a
studio-transmitter link if they are not in the same place.

If one of my clients had that problem, I'd look at the Starguide first.  ABC
has been adjusting the power sent up to the AMC-8 satellite up and down
recently.  I've seen it on clients' Starguide signal strength and data
(EbNo) readings.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI