[IRCA] 1690 Berwyn IL

The well-publicized change in Chicago radio has occurred. As I write this  on
9/18 at 10:00 AM CDT, I am listening to "The All New" WVON Berwyn IL, with an
 Urban talk format. For just short of three years, this station was WRLL
"Real  Oldies 1690" with live DJs. The live DJs have been gone since August  15,
and the oldies themselves ended at midnight CDT on  9/15.

Over the weekend, the station played a long tape loop about the upcoming
change, featuring messages from politicians, prominent Chicago African-Americans
and station personnel. It continued to legally ID as WRLL during this period.
 Live programming began this morning, and the change to WVON was complete.

WVON itself is a long-established station that was until today on 1450 and
shared time with WCEV. It has an LMA with Clear Channel, owner of 1690 Berwyn,
leasing the 1690 facilities 24/7 with an option to buy in 5 years. What has
happened to the share time status on 1450 is unclear. I have seen from one
source that the calls WRLL have moved to 1450, but as of this hour the FCC
database still shows WRLL on 1690 and WVON on 1450.
73     Bill Dvorak     Madison  WI     Column Editor  NRC DX News  DDXD-West