Re: [IRCA] 690 Mexican

It was me, Tim-- I was in Fred Cantu's site, looking up info on XEQIN when I
noticed the change on 690 to XEWR.  Since I reported the ID (and they do NOT
give call IDs every hour, I've come to learn), I checked SCT and CIRT
websites... SCT no longer has the map where you could click on the state to
see what stations were listed; but the PDF you can download is not
up-to-date. It shows 820 Mexicali as XEMVS and XEQIN on 1290.  CIRT's info
is even older, it shows 690 Tijuana as "Extra Sports".

I've come to trust Fred Cantu's site as he seems to have the right info and
he updates frequently.  But I reminded myself of Benny Hill's definition of
Assume*... I've checked Cantu for 1110 in Juarez and he has it listed as
"XE??"-- so he hasn't got all the info yet either.

If 690 is relaying a signal from 1110 in Ciudad Juarez, is: what is their
format now?  The link to the station site states they --XEWR 1110-- are
running Bilingual Oldies ("La Oldies But Goodies", "The new Classic").  If
this is the current format, then Tijuana is not relaying them.

The link to "W Radio Los Angeles" (wradio690.com) has no mention of call
letters.  The next move is to tune in for an ID when they play the Mexican
NA, that would probably be a logical time a legal ID must be used.  (If
logic even applies)

So, I've reported logging XEWR as the call ID for 690 Tijuana.  Given what
I've since learned, no warranties are given, express or implied.

This is what makes DXing interesting!!

Rich Toebe
Vacaville CA

*Assume(n):    Making an  ASS  out of  U  and  ME.     -- British comedian
Benny Hill