From: "The Kaskey Family" <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx>
<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] A very good morning for TPs

> Hi Guy,
>
> I'm located in San Francisco's NW corner, about 15 blocks from The
Pacific.  So, if the HNL was missing I should hear a lot of TPs when
conditions are good to excellent.  The years 1976-1977
> proved that (altho I was 9 blocks further inland at the time).  Houses in
this district are smack up against the neighboring house (on both sides).
The house north of me is actually a small
> apartment complex, it's entryway sports three large flourescent light
fixtures that are on 24/7.  So when I beam NW I catch the full effect.  My
best bet is SW/NE but not everything I want to
> hear is in that direction :-)....+ there are seemingly a zillion other
sources of noise to bug me, a dozen or more locals for onething + electric
streetcar tracks a half/block away.  On the
> plus side I have a Drake R8A & a Kiwa aircore loop so I can negate a few
of the bad effects, but it is wearing on me of late & my interest is
flagging.  Thanks for checking in & keep snagging