Re: [IRCA] BPL?

This all depends on what frequencies are being asked about. BPL's frequency
spectrum begins just below 2 MHz so medium wave types should be safe. And,
in fact, some carefully monitored BPL deployments are not showing any energy
in the MW band. That's to be suspected, not because they care about
interfering with MW but rather because they were concerned with interference
from powerful MW stations causing havoc with their BPL.

SWL and ham types (and anyone else in the spectrum below VHF TV) are taking
it on the chin and there have been a handful of pitched battles. So far, the
hams are holding their own and earned a recent FCC ruling that a BPL
installation be revised to not cause interference to amateur services.

Chuck