Re: [IRCA] Clear Channel article

--- vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> But the radio companies are looking to fight back with innovations of
> their own.
> Clear Channel, for instance, signed a deal with BMW earlier this
> month to provide real-time free traffic updates to navigation systems
> in the automaker?s new models. The company announced another deal to
> beam its radio signals to Cingular wireless phone users, offering
> them streaming and on-demand content as well. >

*** The trouble is that they're wasting even more money trying to
divert the same tired programming people are tuning out to new
'platforms' when the problem is the content. It's the same thing we've
been saying about HD/IBOC - changing the delivery mechanism is just a
gimmick which only proves the disconnects between management of large
corporate owners and their listener/customers. If one doesn't want to
listen to all of the ads and limited playlists on a radio, why would
he/she turn around and listen to it because it's on the cell phone ??

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID