[IRCA] A Good Asian Morning in NW WA

This morning was quite good, right across East Asia, with the Chinese
doing particularly well here.  I had 639//945//1377 CNR-1 for most of
my two hour session.  For some reason, the JJs on 747 and 774 were
just not as strong here as they normally are (though others heard
them well.) However, 828 was Walking Tall, especially early. JOQG,
Morioka on 531 was better than it has been yet this season and 666
Osaka was in audio for a while.  So Japan did well, but just an odd
pattern. Korea dominated 1017 today, but 864 which "ought to be"
Korean continues to be dominated by relatively low-power
Japanese.  One of the more interesting catches was 918
CNR-2....  Early, there were two co-channel CNR-2 signals with about
a 1/2 second delay between the two.... had a horrible echo.  Later,
the echo was gone, so they either got back in sync or there was a
change in propagation.

I've been watching 1098, which at our dawn usually has a pretty
healthy open carrier thought to be from the Marshall Island station
leaving its transmitter on 24/7. Sometimes lately there seems to be
audio beneath the OC that may be from Taiwan. It was almost readable
this morning.

I've also been watching 891 closely, since Patrick hears the Thai
station here quite regularly when 1575 VOA is in decently.  Well, VOA
was in this AM and I spent the last half of Max dawn camped on
891.  There was a man speaking the entire time in an Asian language
that I did not recognize.  Unfortunately, the band fades out before
1400 TOH right now. I'm going to send Patrick a clip for his comment.

Lastly, we are getting to the time here in the NW where we can start
hearing the 1400 news broadcast on the Japanese NHK2 stations.  I
have to remind myself that that is their evening news IN
ENGLISH.  Further, for the past two seasons, the news reader is an
ex-pat Aussie woman.  Both of the last two years, I've carefully
logged at least one of the minor NHK2s during that broadcast,
thinking that it was a new Aussie.... With luck, I'll not make that
mistake this year.

The K numbers are a string of 1s and 0s.... maybe tomorrow for Thailand???

JOhn B.