Re: [IRCA] Ground Rods

IRCA,

On Monday 11 September 2006 13:14, CHARLES HUTTON wrote:

> Copper supplies are at an all-time low and the world's largest private
> copper mine has been almost shut down for a month or two due to a strike,
> so prices have almost tripled for standard copper pipe.

I fine this interesting.  I grew up in Tucson, and will be traveling to there
on Wednesday to visit my family, and my Wife's family.   Tucson is surrounded
by copper mines.  More then 10 years ago they started closing them down.  I
know several people that got laid off when a bunch of the copper mines were
sold to an Australian company.  That company (BHP I think) laid off everyone
and shut the mines down.  San Manual mine, which was huge, has 25 feet of
cement in each head shaft, and all of the buildings and the smelter have been
dismantled.  The smelter was sold to a company in Mexico.
So I guess I am not surprised that the price of copper is going up.

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001
Steve Hawkins NG0G