Re: [IRCA] TP morning

At 07:06 AM 9/10/2006, you wrote:
>> An odd morning, still quite good, but the low band Japanese big guns
>> were down somewhat.  Still, some of the Koreans were up.  Great
>> signal on 1566 at 1320UT; 972 and 855 had quite good audio, and
>> unusual channels like 1269 were showing audio traces.  1575 was
>> pretty good at times also.
>
>Until about 10 minutes ago (1340UTC), I had huge audio
>on 594(JJ), 612(AUS), 747(JJ), 774(JJ), and 828(JJ)
>as well as assorted audio on a dozen other frequencies.
>
>Oddly, as you are about 1 km away from me, only a carrier
>on 1566 and virtually nothing on 972!
>Did get audio on 855 though.
>
>Receiver - Drake R8 / Antenna Wellbrook ALA100
>--
>Colin Newell

I'd say that my observations parallel Nick's (also about a km away from me).  My antenna array is more akin to Nick's vs yours, Colin.  Colin, by the way, is a high rise inhabitant.  I think your limited antenna possibilities is the
most likely reason for the differences.  1566 here was fine.  I agree with Nick, that there were no outstanding signals.  Decent audio, but that's about it on many channels.  I heard a total of 20 TP audios, almost exclusively from
Asia......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria